Article Text

PDF

Epidemiology and policy
P1-315 Epidemiological profile of leprosy in an ESF Paulo Afonso/BA in 2009
  1. K C S Alves,
  2. B F S Oliveira
  1. Prefeitura Municipal de Paulo Afonso, Paulo Afonso, Bahia, Brazil

Abstract

Leprosy is considered a public health problem that can be monitored using the methods currently available. In Brazil, a country with higher prevalence in the world, this control is one of the actions attributed to the Family Health Strategy. The purpose of this study was to build a network of knowledge about the epidemiological profile of leprosy patients in 2009 to a Family Health Team's Paulo Afonso/BA. The objective was to identify the particular mode of manifestation of the patients studied. The sample consisted of 27 leprosy patients who attended for treatment along with the ESF in 2009, a period that was conducted to collect data. Through a quantitative approach, number of fundamental importance to this study, because through their meanings becomes profitable and easy to control. The results show that 13 patients had 40 to 60 years of age and 14 were between 10 and 39 years, 70% were female and the majority consisted of low-income people and poor literacy. Of the patients, 70% were paucibacillary and multibacillary remaining 30%. The results indicate that patients with leprosy showed the need for educational interventions to prevent and knowledge of the disease and also actions aimed at planning assistance to leprosy patients were included in these lawsuits nursing care.

Statistics from Altmetric.com

Request permissions

If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.